Monday, May 2, 2011

Where were you when you first heard about the death of Osama bin Laden?

We all remember where we were on 9/11 when we were attacked. Now we hear about the death of Osama bin Laden. However, this time most of us were asleep since the news was not released until after 11 PM Eastern Time.

Interestingly, I had placed my iPod Touch on the bed stand. All of a sudden a light went on in the room. It was the iPod. One of the Apps on my iPod is CNN. At around 11 they issued an emergency bulletin which turned on the device. I immediately got up, turned on the television and heard the news.

Most people in the eastern portion of the United States, I'm sure, heard the news when they awoke this morning. But as we determine what technology each of us has access to (and how that technology can access us), it is interesting to ask the question about where we were when we first heard the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment